State-of-the-art large animal livestock infectious disease isolation facility designed for and dedicated to large animal (lamb, cattle, swine) studies.
Publications (selected recent)
- Derscheid RJ, Ackermann MR: The innate immune system of the perinatal lung and responses to respiratory syncytial virus infection. Vet Pathol 50:827-841, 2013
- Derscheid RJ, Gallup JM, Knudson CJ, Varga SM, Grosz DD, van Geelen A, Hostetter J, Ackermann MR: Effects of formalin-inactivated respiratory syncytial virus (FI-RSV) in the perinatal lamb model of RSV.PLOS One 8(12):e81472, 2013
- Derscheid RJ, van Geelen A, Berkebile AR, Gallup JM, Hostetter SJ, Banfi B, McCray Jr PB, Ackermann MR: Increased concentration of iodide in airway secretions is associated with reduced RSV disease severity. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 50(2):389-397, 2014
- Grosz D, van Geelen A, Gallup JM, Hostetter SM, Derscheid RJ, Ackermann MR: Sucrose stabilization of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) during nebulization and experimental infection. BMC Research Notes 7:158, 2014
- Ackermann MR: Lamb model of respiratory syncytial virus-associated lung disease: Insights to pathogenesis and novel treatments. Institute for Laboratory Animal Research (ILAR) Journal 55:4-15, 2014